Retrofitting wireless charging to Equilibre model

Faults and Technical chat for the Renault Megane Electric
Paulio1978

Post by Paulio1978 »

Hi all,

New Megane ETech driver, and wow what a car!! One thing that is already driving me crazy is the lack of wireless charging on the Equilibre version - does anyone know if its as simple as obtaining the charging coil from Renault for another model, and installing? (ie is the wiring already there?). Didn't know if anyone else has done it!

Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

Isn't it just easier to add a charging base and power it via the cig lighter outlet below?
Paulio1978

Post by Paulio1978 »

Hey @Phorridge, thanks for tip - yes, it certainly would be, but I was trying to keep it as 'clean' as possible. So I've been digging, and lifted the current plate, and it would seem everything is already there, therefore all that's required is to get a charging plate that fits Techno upwards...so I rang Renault - Ā£750+?!!!! šŸ˜³
Wow - I might go for your option after all, or wait until someone makes a retrofit option at a more reasonable price!
Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

You may even find all the hardware is present and that its just a software option that enables it.
There is a growing trend to actually add all the hardware and just switch on the features the model price point includes.
ablelocks

Post by ablelocks »

has anyone been able to retrofit a wireless mat or coil - it looks like it should be feasible, with the right know how and equipment....