Renault Megane Electric - UK Sale Date

All Megane Electric related discussions
Arefriendselectric

Post by Arefriendselectric »

Hello first time poster. Does anyone know when the Megane might be ready to order? I have a MG ZS on order from November but there is no sign of it anytime soon. If there is only a couple of months in it as to delivery dates I might wait for the Megane.

tarbat

Post by tarbat »

Well, Renault UK's website for the car has this in it's metadata:
"content="Discover All-new Renault Megane E-Tech 100% electric: design, equipment, driving range. Preorder available now! "

So I'm guessing we'll be able to pre-order soon, but don't expect first deliveries until late autumn this year is my guess.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

My local dealer projected October for new orders
Darryl

Post by Darryl »

Yesterday I received an email to join the 'priority list' on Thursday. To be honest I'm hoping this will come with pricing and more clarity on the 12" screen (or lack of)
G269

Post by G269 »

I've had confirmation from Renault via twitter today that the big screen won't come on any UK model and won't even be an option, very disappointing.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Only 300 cars for the UK initially
Darryl

Post by Darryl »

G269 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 1:57 pm
I've had confirmation from Renault via twitter today that the big screen won't come on any UK model and won't even be an option, very disappointing.

Yes very disappointing, the top spec also misses out on the wood trim & full leather seats. I hope the price reflects these downgrades.

@Shahev - From my understanding it's 300 of the 'Launch Edition', not 300 in total.

This in itself is stupid as the only difference in options I can see is the HK sound system & full park assist. We seem to miss out on the full leather interior so it makes the upgrade seem a bit pointless.
I'd be just as happy with the 'Techno' trim but with the HK sound system.
BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

Having registered today; this is my first post (although I've been following the forum for a while).

I'm clearly in the minority here but I'm not keen on leather upholstery. I find I tend to slip around on leather car seats and the they also seem to go shiny very quickly and need a good clean to make them matt again. Add to this that they are colder in Winter and hotter in Summer and heating/cooling them will use precious battery (and therefore range) and I think cloth is better all round. I really like the look of the upholstery included (nice not to have a coal mine inetrior for once) and would have chosen this anway. I've had Audis for 13 years now (several A3s' and currently a TT) and to my mind, the interior looks to be up to Audi standards (I prefer it to the Q4 and it's definitely better than the ID range).

The reduced screen size also doesn't bother me . I think the interior actually lookes cleaner and more natural with the smaller screen and, for me, 9" is plenty big enough (queue "Carry On" humour!). The physical climate control buttons will also be more naturally to hand.

I would have liked the HK sound system and the wooden trim but, as seems common these days, these came only as a bundle (in France) anyway and I didn't want other parts of the bundle like the leather seats, the two-tone paint (possibly in the minority again), or the digital rear view mirror (can just imagine this being more agro than it's worth).

So overall, I'm quite happy with the UK spec. and I've put myself on the priority list.

I wonder when we'll hear more?
Darryl

Post by Darryl »

I agree on the leather seats, I usually go for part leather/alcantara if given the choice.

To be honest I do wish we had the option for the bigger screen, but it's not a deal breaker. The HK sound system may force my hand to get the launch edition, but it depends how much of a price difference between that and the Techno.

For me it all comes down to price. I'm also looking at the Cupra Born, however the Megane is my preferred choice. If I can get the Megane for the same price (or not much different) then I'll go for it.

I read that pricing will be announced "in the coming weeks" so I'd hope that within the next couple of months, we'll get pricing info, plus hopefully contact from our chosen dealers.
G269

Post by G269 »

Having a leather interior would make me choose NOT to buy so I'm happy with the cloth. The smaller screen isn't so much of an issue as it'll still have all off the Google functionality and with the you being able to have the sat nav on the screen behind the steering wheel that would work well. Disappointing that the site doesn't let you properly configure the car yet with optional extras, would like to know if you can option the HK sound system on the mid-spex model. I too am currently deciding between the Cupra Born and the Mégane, I need a car for January and as my Renault dealer doesn't expect to have a Mégane to view until possibly October and with the long delays I might have to order without seeing one in the metal which isn't ideal.