Renault Megane E-Tech is now France’s most popular EV

All Megane Electric related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Renault Megane E-Tech boasted the best EV sales in France last month, with 25,000 vehicles sold in the last three months. That tallies up to a 100K/year if sales continue at this pace.

It is also a possibility it could outsell the current No.1 - the Tesla Model 3

In a new interview with Le Journal de Dimanche, Renault’s CEO Luca de Meo said Megane E-Tech’s success is putting the company “on the right track.” He also noted that the company is shifting gears in the face of economic realities and pivoting to offering fewer cars but at higher prices.
The democratization of electric cars will take place in Europe and will involve products at affordable prices. We have been working on electric cars for 12 years and are putting in place the conditions for the Renault brand to be 100% electric by 2030. For the moment, 40% of the cost of the car is in the battery. Of that 40%, 80% is raw materials. And 90% of these raw materials we do not control. This makes the equation difficult. The current success of the electric Megane E-Tech, with 25,000 sales in three months, shows that we are on the right track. My job is to project Renault into the future, and in Europe the future is electric.

Shahev

Post by Shahev »

This is great news for Renault and I'm pleased for them. But I suspect that may mean delays for the UK as Renault focuses on meeting European demand.