Assisted driving cruise control races at roundabout approaches

All Megane Electric related discussions
Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

Love the assisted cruise control but it's dangerous when approaching a round about.
If you stick behind the car in front the car will slow and follow which is great.
But if the car in front pulls to the left or right lane my car will then accelerate to the cruise set speed. Which could be 70mph just yards from the roundabout. Forcing me to stamp on the brake.

DAS

Post by DAS »

This is shown in the manual. Adaptive CC if it doesn't "see" anything in front will go to the set speed. Same happens in my current C-HR. Observation is key
Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

Except the French versions of the car can you recognise the road layout and adapt. It's not available on the UK versions
DAS

Post by DAS »

It's only 2 clicks - cancel acc, go around obstacle, reset acc. Since UK is not only country driving on the left all of us lefties are in the same boat, until (if/when) Renault rework the software, which I'm guessing is no small task.
Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

I'm amazed that Renault didn't design the software with the option to work LOr R hand via a config option.
What happens if a French driver comes to the UK?
If driving round new towns there are roundabouts every few minutes. And enforced speeds do the adaptive cruise is useful unless you have to keep turning it on and off.
Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

Uhm tried turning the assisted CC off as I approach a round about but to turn it back on you have to turn it on and then set the speed.
So it's not as simple as on off. Unlike the speed limiter if you touch the brake it turns off. It doesn't just go idle.
NosmoKing

Post by NosmoKing »

"I'm amazed that Renault didn't design the software with the option to work LOr R hand via a config option."

As a software dev myself, and given that some hardware changes are said ton be required, this is probably just a matter of priorities.
Phorridge

Post by Phorridge »

But wouldn't have been cheaper in the long run to make it universal.
NosmoKing

Post by NosmoKing »

Sure. But it takes time
DAS

Post by DAS »

Phorridge wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:20 pm
Uhm tried turning the assisted CC off as I approach a round about but to turn it back on you have to turn it on and then set the speed.
So it's not as simple as on off. Unlike the speed limiter if you touch the brake it turns off. It doesn't just go idle.

2.85 of the manual shows the buttons. Button "4" - switch function to standby, with cruising speed saved. Button "6", bottom right of cluster is main on/off button which would require setting speed.
To be honest there's a lot of buttons in a small enough area. My current C-HR has all that functionality spread over a stalk and button area. Which is best?

Anyway still waiting on my Techno 60