First impressions

New to the Megane Electric Forums? Introduce yourself here
B0BSK1

Post by B0BSK1 »

Wow having been a petrol head for so many years I never thought I would convert i love my ice engine. But wow this little ev has been so impressive . Sharp of the mark being charged by my solar during the day 😀. No warm up or cool down instant response. Renualt have come along way with the tech inside the cab too. Plenty user error getting the data working , but thats the reason I came to this forum . Quick search on here and found my solution. Covered 200 miles this week and been buzzing all of them .

Car is a iconic spec in grey with the gold fins uo front

Look forward to gabbing with you all down the road

rencar

Post by rencar »

Pleased it’s been a good experience. Be great to share experiences. The forum can be quite quiet at times, as people also use social media groups to obtain help and guidance.

We also pickup our brand new 73 plate Launch edition in ceramic grey with black roof later today. It’s being ceramically coated all day Monday, by our usual local detailer, as I am concerned that the black roof may mark with birds mess strikes.

We had intended to go full electric for both our cars, but I chickened out yesterday and decided to keep our eTech hybrid Clio (with its petrol fallback) and instead chop in our electric Peugeot e2008 for the Megane. From the original test drive of two other Méganes, they drove so very well, I’m sure today will come together OK.

Have you got the driving eco icon on your centre screen? Our dealers master tech has tried everything with service and over the air updates, but can’t get it to appear. It seems newer factory built models are coming with it, but earlier built cars aren’t. I’m not sure we’re missing all that much not having it, but the dealership is puzzled why this option can’t be obtained for our launch edition.
rencar

Post by rencar »

We don’t have the heat pump on our forthcoming LE, but living down South, I’m hopeful we’ll manage. Your iconic would.have one,

One thing with the Peugeot e2008, is that it does have a heat pump, so does warm up the car very quickly,
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Good to hear some positive feedback :)

Like many of you, I too should be picking up my Iconic in Ceramic Grey and Black roof sometime this month.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6 | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV
B0BSK1

Post by B0BSK1 »

@rencar yeah I here what your saying about the ceramic coat , I have that to apply myself , I do love a good polish found the ceramic coating saved a lot of time in the cleaning process with our other cars . Even a quick shower of rain and they come up gleaming lol

Have the camper van as my backup but not sure I will need it . As the megan is our daily back and fourth to school wife works less than 10 miles away. I have the ohme hime charging system which has been pretty good so far. Combined with my house solar to take the edge off charging . Looking to upgrade the solar and hime battery befour I look at ev tariff

As for the eco mode on the dash , can't say iv noticed it . Or sure what you mean . I have it in sport predominantly...lol

The heat pump was a strong selling point for me . Having used the tech with my hottub and air-conditioning unit in my man hut. I saw the dramatic drop in kw used in the house so thought would be ideal for the harsh Scottish climate we get here .

Still adapting my drivi g style , trying not to be a hooligan with that terrifically weird tourqe and 0 gears . Only concern is should I have waited for the renualt 5 ev rendition. Some of the photos look awsome

Got my boot protector for the dog in this week so its a full family affair lol

IMG-20230829-WA0003.jpg

neilgall

Post by neilgall »

I like your boot liner - can you tell us where you got it please?
B0BSK1

Post by B0BSK1 »

Was an amazon special. Good quality 👌

JOEJOY Car Boot Protector,...
rencar

Post by rencar »

IMG_4660.JPEG

rencar

Post by rencar »

As you can see in the photo of our Launch edition above.

You'll likely have (given your car has factory exited more recently), a tile that says 'Driving Eco'.

You can see that our car doesn't have this function, and the Master tech has been unable to activate it either.
rencar

Post by rencar »

Today I popped the car into Sport mode (so easy with the Multi sense button) - goodness me does that pickup!

I do really love how the Megane has the power well controlled. Even in Comfort it takes off reasonably, but then really has smooth power delivery.

I even find the lane departure systems well set, in that they're not overly obtrusive, unlike other cars.