Actual UK specification

All Megane Electric related discussions
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

This extract from the brochure for the Megane Electric suggests heat pump included in UK cars

"heat management Renault Megane E-Tech 100% electric is equipped with a system that automatically regulates battery and engine temperature. Whatever the weather conditions outside, be assured of the best possible driving range."

BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

Hi Shahev,

No heat pump I'm afraid. The extract you've given relates to the system to cool and heat the battery (not the car interior) so as to maximise it's performance and lifespan and to have it at the optimum heat for public charging (using the car's system which suggests when and where to charge when on a longer journey).

I've now seen the car (left hand drive) and ordered one. Very impressed and, as mentioned before, I'm in the minority who prefer the look of the smaller screen and don't want leather seats given a choice.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

BillyWhizz wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:22 pm
Hi Shahev,

No heat pump I'm afraid. The extract you've given relates to the system to cool and heat the battery (not the car interior) so as to maximise it's performance and lifespan and to have it at the optimum heat for public charging (using the car's system which suggests when and where to charge when on a longer journey).

I've now seen the car (left hand drive) and ordered one. Very impressed and, as mentioned before, I'm in the minority who prefer the look of the smaller screen and don't want leather seats given a choice.
Thank you for that information. I'm encouraged that there is battery conditioning as standard.

When you say ordered, is that in addition to the £500 reservation?
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Was very impressed with the SMC and Renault UK staff at SMC Aldershot. There were about 12 to 14 people at the Mégane viewing.

Rear seats not that bad. I am 5 foot 8 and a 6 foot person could sit fine behind me. Also thigh support not as bad as reviews suggest and enough space for feet under front seat.

Car very good looking.

Not that bothered about no heat pump as we will do motorway drive once a month. But definitely need digital mirror in my view.
BillyWhizz

Post by BillyWhizz »

Hi Shahev,

Sorry for late response (I only come on hear occasionally). Yes, I have completed an order (Techno in Shadow Grey - model and colour being the only choices required!). I have been given the same "End of the year" delivery info. as we have heard estimated before...
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

@billywhizz

There are two steps in the process

1. Reserve a car, you and I and others have done this
2. Allocation of a build slot, which then secures your car

The good news is that we are now protected from price increases.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Looks like the heat pump is standard in some European markets. See video at 35 minutes

Shahev

Post by Shahev »

After much consideration we have decided probably too early to think about the Mégane as specifications will improve next year. So we are buying the 77kw Cupra Born