Battery dropped to 0% after being parked for 20 minutes

Faults and Technical chat for the Renault Megane Electric
natelittle

Post by natelittle »

No idea what happened, I was at 55% charge, popped into a shop and when I came back the car was reading 0% and went into turtle mode.

I was lucky there was a charger round the corner and managed to get it plugged in, but how is that possible?

Has anyone else had this?

VincentJ

Post by VincentJ »

Hey Nate, had pretty much exact thing happen to my Megane E Tech Launch Edition- got it in August, happened about a month after. It's currently in for service, did it happen to you since/ did you find out the cause?
natelittle

Post by natelittle »

Didn't happen again, never got a reason why for Renault, even though I reported it.

I don't think the battery actually died, maybe the battery management system screwed up and thought it was at 0%.

It's been running fine ever since, but it's due for a service soon so I'll bring it up then
BobAl

Post by BobAl »

Happened to me once about 8 months ago. Never happened since. Had it a year now. Alarm goes off quite often for no reason
Rico1975

Post by Rico1975 »

Hi natelittle.

With regards to your mention of service soon, our dealer said no need to see the car back until 18k miles. I suppose there's not much to check but seems a large amount of mileage between services.